How Does OKR Software Help non-profitable organizations?
Do you know that there are more than 10 million non-profits and non-governmental organizations worldwide? They all thrive to make the world a better place to live in.
Why OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) could be different from non-profitable organizations? Well, they set audacious goals, and achieving them is important as it also has a social impact. With the pandemic engulfing our last two years, these teams had difficulty reaching out to various geographies to achieve their goals.
A goal is critical and without a concrete goal in place, the mission and directions will cease to exist. It is vital that there is a structured goal-setting framework that will navigate the team to the right platform.
The synopsis of this is that well-structured goals with OKR software to track their progress will be the right answer to our questions. Despite their reach across the globe OKR software unites them and keeps them aligned with the goal.
OKR software for a non-profitable organization
While we ask why we should advocate OKR software to the Non-profit, it is important to understand how they work. They do not operate on profits as the name implies. They are a philanthropic organization where that has objectives defined for itself. For example, one such objective is to make an impact on children’s education or to eliminate hunger. Having such audacious goals must be laid out with brevity and clarity else it becomes a herculean task.
Objectives help you define the “what,” for example, Creating an impact on the children’s education.
The Key Results are the “How” that helps the organization achieve the “What.” The Key Results for the objective could be
- Raise funds xMN by
- Identify the villages that need education by
Creating OKRs becomes swift in a platform and tracking is important for such a goal to make corrective actions. OKR software aligns helps teams to align with the organizational objective and constantly highlights the gaps if any.
10 Top non-profitable organization OKR Examples
While Writing OKRs it must be compelling and have actionable Key Results. Should be measurable and create accountability.
Let us also see a few OKR examples that will help organizations to create the right OKRs that fit their teams
Let us assume that the company “Support the World” wants to create objectives that are aligned with its vision.
Their goal is to make them a leader in the digital platform that enables the globe to give donations
Having said that they have set a few objectives for themselves to achieve the goal.
🏆Objective: Increase awareness and support for our organization’s cause
- KR 1: Increase social media followers by 20% in the next quarter
- KR 2: Generate 500 shares and retweets of our social media posts each month
- KR 3: Secure media coverage in at least three local news outlets within the next six months
🏆Objective: Expand our outreach efforts to reach underserved communities
- KR 1: Establish partnerships with five community organizations within the next year
- KR 2: Conduct outreach events in three low-income neighborhoods within the next six months
- KR 3: Increase participation from underserved communities by 30% in our programs within the next year
🏆Objective: Enhance volunteer engagement and retention
- KR 1: Develop a volunteer recognition program and recognize outstanding volunteers monthly
- KR 2: Increase volunteer retention rate by 15% within the next six months
- KR 3: Conduct quarterly volunteer satisfaction surveys and achieve a minimum satisfaction score of 80%