Here you are reading this and co-existing with technology with everything around you. When we talk about the tech world, it is already growing every second.
And you being a part of the software development or SaaS world?
Congrats, you are an effective addition to the world of innovation.
While you are working on a project of software development, and wondering how agile methodology can be helpful to align your team and make the work done faster.
Here are 12 agile project management tools listed down.
But before you start exploring the tools, it is important to understand the depth concept of agile methodology.
What is Agile Methodology?
Agile is a methodology that helps the tech-founders, software developers, project managers to work faster by breaking the project into different stages. Those stages later are attributed to multiple tasks with continuous monitoring of even a small completion of a task and that incremental phase of work is known as sprints. Basically agile project management methodology is most commonly used in software development projects but can be applied to other businesses.
Why Agile Methodology?
Let’s understand with an example, suppose you are on a mission to lose weight and you set your goal to walk daily for 20 mins, but after walking 20 mins daily for 1 month you observe no change in your weight. That means you are not doing enough exercise or not following a balanced diet, maybe instead of walking you should be running 20 minutes to lose excess weight. With that in less time, you’ll burn more calories and achieve your goal faster.
Similarly, the agile methodology helps the teams and businesses to achieve more in very less time, keeping assured of collaboration, feedback, trust, and control while working on projects using agile methods.
Agile methodology is not only making the work faster and smarter but also breaking the functional silos into the organization and putting the people in self-managed, task leading, and multidisciplinary mode, along with accelerating profitable growth— agile is also helping to create the new generation of skilled employees.
What are agile tools for project management?
Agile is one of the project management tools designed to support agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, or other agile hybrid methods. It helps the development teams to accelerate the growth of projects by 100x. Agile methodologies require practice at the top— strategy development, resource allocation, breaking through innovations, improving team collaboration. To deliver an agile environment in the company it is important to roll out agile tools for project management.
Key features of agile tools for project management and advantage
In project management, agile is the right approach to deliver the features of the product in each sprint. Here are features of agile tools listed for project management.
– In an agile environment, agile tools for project management act as a supporting role in coordinating the teams, effective communication when the team is large and distributed.
– Agile tools help in scaling the project, align the business objective, and keeping everyone in the team on the same page with the ongoing task.
– Agile methodology is used because modern-day projects are highly fragile and ask for multiple refining, and when a team is continuously updating the project it becomes difficult to communicate about the priority tasks.
– Agile tools on most days of project development act as an information radiator, keeping each member in the loop where anyone can view the progress at any time.
– Maintaining a single database of content and analyzing the performance is the core functioning of any agile tool hence it becomes easy for project managers to measure the success and detect the upcoming risk.
Best Agile Project Management Tools
Now that you know, depth about Agile methodology it’s time for you to choose the agile tool as per your business requirement :